Business Continuity Placement
Job Title: Business Continuity Placement
Division: Business Continuity
Who are we:
The Warner Bros. Business Continuity Department (BC Department) helps the organization prepare for the unthinkable, which can aid in the long-term survivability of the company after a crisis. Aside from working to ensure continuity of operations, the BC Department helps to give people the tools to be better prepared for disruptions at work during a crisis and to encourage them to extend those preparedness skills to situations outside of work.
What part will you play:
- Provide departmental support in the use of various Business Continuity tools.
- Create and maintain Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plans and Quick Reference Cards in our Warner Bros. standard tools.
- Maintain data in the company’s emergency notification system.
- Work with the BC Department to help identify risks, review Business Impact Analysis interview notes, input data into the Business Continuity planning system, and update information as organizational changes occur.
- Create and maintain maintenance and testing calendar for all Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plans.
- Send reminder notices to Business Units when plan maintenance is required.
- Provide assistance in the development of testing scenarios, test plans and presentations for testing scenarios and draft post exercise review and lessons learned reports.
- Assist with raising awareness of Business Continuity by delivering New Joiner presentations, arranging for external speakers to present on related topics such as the Met Police, Casualty Bureau, and participating in related exercises or events held by other organizations.
- Purchase, distribute and maintain WBready branded merchandise, emergency supplies, Crisis Management Team boardroom equipment and grab bag contents.
- Monitor the department budget for supplies, raise and code invoices and manage the monthly Pcard pack.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent written communication.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher.
- Ability to use software/databases pertinent to business continuity planning.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Organised and disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads and use time effectively.
- Highly self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate with people confidently at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!