TV Marketing Research Placement
Who are we:
WWTVM Research Team works across all teams within WBITV group to interpret, provide context, and report on the performance of programming. WWTVM Research Team in London main purpose is to cover EMEA territories with a focus on providing market analysis and insights relevant to sales strategy, including linear and non-linear media, growth trends in key sectors relevant to business opportunities and analysis of programming strategies undertaken by existing or potential clients.
What part will you play:
- Prepare, compile and produce with little supervision daily, quarterly and ad-hoc television ratings reports on various European markets, based on ratings information obtained from a pan-regional software application.
- Manage and maintain database of overnight linear ratings, Warner Bros. SVOD performance and subscriber reports and other research information.
- Analyse the relative launch performances for Warner Bros. TV and competitive products as well as local developments, using local listings magazines and other information sources.
- Act as point of contact for Warner Bros. TV Production ratings requests to support the format development and marketing strategies of the group.
- Support Analyst and Manager in researching and creating presentations/reports/pitches to assist European sales and marketing teams with specific projects.
- Support Analyst and Manager with specific proprietary research projects as needs be.
- Assist Analyst and Manager by providing other Warner Bros and Time Warner divisions with Television related information upon request and approval.
- To track and disseminate economic and industry data relating to trends in relevant territories in order to keep senior sales executives informed.
What do we require from you:
- Studying for a BA/BSC in related field (including business, economics, marketing, management).
- Interest in the business side of the Media/Television industry.
- Interest in television programming (including US produced shows), scheduling and audience research.
- Willingness to learn about Television audience measurement systems, Television ratings, the interpretation of such data as well as proprietary software applications.
- Good understanding of statistics and to generally work well with numbers.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English, ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to use initiative and expand further on simple tasks.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must have a flexible approach to work with the ability to work with little supervision.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!